Mechanical Design Engineer
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
Innovative & visionary Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years of experience in CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM, Industrial & Product Design, Prototype Development, Manufacturing, Automation & Quality Assurance. Proficient in Engineering Drawings, Finite Element Analysis, CNC programming, Statistical Analysis & Life Cycle Analysis. Extensive knowledge of Engineering Materials, Mechanical Properties, Machining Tools, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Nano Technology, Sustainability, Project Management, GD&T (ANSI/ASME Y14) & ISO (9001 & 14001)
- Mathematical/Analytical/Mechanical Aptitude,
- Oral/Written Communication,
- Team/Independent Work,
- time management
- AutoCAD (6 yr.) •
- SOLIDWORKS (6 yr.) •
- Siemens NX (4 yr.) •
- Creo/Pro-E (4 yr.) •
- Inventor (3 yr.) •
- CATIA V5 (3 yr.) •
- MS-Office (8 yr.)
- ANSYS •
- HyperMesh •
- Windchill •
- Teamcenter •
- MATLAB •
- MathCAD •
- MS-Project •
- MasterCAM •
Master of Science: Mechanical Engineering (GPA 3.8/4.0) Aug’15 – Jan’17
University of South Florida – Tampa, FL, United States
Bachelor of Technology: Mechanical Engineering (GPA 3.6/4.0) Aug’10 – May’14
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University – India
Six Sigma Green Belt: IASSC Dec’16
Mechanical Design Engineer – University of South Florida-Tampa, FL Aug’15- Dec’16
Lead designer at American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) & USF Racing (Society of Automobile Engineers). Implemented data-driven approach for development of human powered vehicle. Analyzed data to provide design feedback & suggestions.
• Designed surface body, wheels, brakes, gears, transmission etc. & drafted assembly layouts using SOLIDWORKS.
• Analyzed for stresses, calculated safety factor, performed simulations, researched alternative materials, optimized design, increased performance & speed (4 mph) by decreasing weight (10 lbs.).
• Fabricated components using 3D printing & CNC machining (2.5 axis). Assembled the parts & tested for failures
• Organized seminars, guest talks & technical events. Presented technical papers & poster presentations.
Mechanical Engineer – Flow Well Industries, India Nov’14 – Aug’15
Mechanical engineering responsible for design, manufacturing & quality assurance of hydraulic pumps. Planned, scheduled and managed complex phases of the projects through completion & released improved new products into the market, increasing the overall profit by 5%.
• Drafted production drawings with detailed annotations (GD&T, Tables, Machining symbols, BOM’s).
• Designed Components, Assemblies, Tools, Plastic Injection Molds, Conveyer Belts, Jig, Fixtures & Packaging.
• Programmed G&M codes for CNC machining (2.5 to 5 axis)
• Improved Industrial Automation & Process Control for current & new products.
• Efficiently designed products in accordance with DFM & DFA to support cost effective production.
• Streamlined assembly layouts using lean techniques & supervised manufacturing team with the technical design & manufacturing issues.
• Upgraded statistical methods to monitor the production process using six sigma tools & inspected products for quality & tolerances.
• Prepared reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing data, made recommendations. Worked with vendors & customer.
Mechanical Design/FEA Engineer- DesignTech Systems, India Dec’13 – Nov’14
CAD/CAE engineer provided engineering services for Aerospace (Turbine blades, CFD), Automotive (visual aesthetics, exteriors), Industrial machinery, Electro mechanical (rotating equipment’s) & Medical (surgical instruments, orthopedic products, rehabilitation equipment’s).
• Created 3D-models, mechanical components, assembly documentation using Siemens NX & Pro-E as per client’s requirements.
• Performed hand calculations & FEA analysis of components as it relates to thermal, static, modal, CFD etc. using HyperMesh & ANSYS.
• Built technical documentations (exploded views, animations), executed design verification, interference & motion analysis, tolerance stack-up.
• Documented & updated designs, products in Teamcenter PLM
• Implemented automation tools, managed design library (toolbox, annotations, parts) that dramatically improved shop-drawing production.
Manufacturing Engineer (Intern) – Swastic Fasteners Sep’13 – Dec’13
Investigated usage of alternative materials, new machinery, advanced equipment, engineering tools to develop manufacturing process & layout, improving manufacturing efficiency by 6%. Overviewed manufacturing decisions, product & process reports by analyzing data.
Maintenance Engineer (Intern) – Indian Railways May’13 – Aug’13
Involved in scheduled maintenance- checking, repairing & servicing of ‘air braking system’ in trains. Assisted in diagnosing breakdowns, fitting parts & quality inspections. Documented records of tools & equipment.
Groups & Associations
345 total views, 8 today