My Background includes a B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering, along with almost 7 years of experience in the telecom industries, in which I started as a Mechanical Drafter learning the principles, practices and rules of CAD modeling and drafting. (3 years in this position), after that I was promoted to a Designer position taking more responsibilities on the design and selection of materials of new products and supporting existing products , during this stage I worked in a few development projects and cost reduction as well. It’s worth mentioning that during the Development projects I worked closely with the company’s manufacturing and Design Assurance departments in order to validate the products according to the latest telecom specs and assure the reliability of the new products (2 years in this position).
After two years at the Designer position I was promoted to Product Engineer, taking direct responsibility for the products FL1, C5C, and DT2 & DT3. Below are some of my responsibilities as product Engineer
• Create/change bill of materials accordingly
• Create/modify component, assembly and installation drawings
• Support production floor, answer questions and doubts about products and take action if something is not assembled or produced as stated on drawings and bill of materials.
• Develop new concepts for products with guidance of the Field Engineer
• Introduce to manufacturers and quality engineers the new products to be released on the manufacturing floor so they can be ready for the release.
• Provide support to Product Manager
• With the help of the Design assurance engineer, create the product test script to validate product according to the norms and policies.
• Interact with supply chain department for all the Purchase parts.
• Release new documentation such as manuals and installation instruction.
- Strong problem solver
- Strong experience working with CAD programs and modeling
- Proficient in the use of ProE, Solid works, ProCable, Cosmos
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable of material properties and their design trade-offs
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
B.S. in Mechanical Engineer Instituto Tecnologico de Ciudad Juarez 2003-2009
Mechanical Engineer (2012 to Present)
Responsible for the sustain, product changes and New releases of copper product lines C5C, DT2, DT3 & DTS and fiber optic product line FL1, using CAD software and company resources to develop new concepts and custom products that can fit the necessity of our clients, from just drawings to functional prototypes, depending on the client demand. Also currently working on the C5C product transfer from China to Mexico, coordinating planners, buyers, manufacturing team and Design assurance .
ADC Telecommunications (TE Connectivity)
Mechanical Designer (2010 to 2012)
Development of 3D CAD drawings for fabrication, assembly & installation, Create bill of materials, Process product changes and also documentation changes. Also worked closely with the test engineering, Design Assurance and manufacturing teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Generating detailed mechanical drawings.
• Generating assembly and installation drawings
• Create bill of materials
• Developing models and designs from conceptual inputs.
• Create prototypes (sheet metals and assemblies).
• In Charge of FL1 fiber product line
• Cost reduction
• Coordinate the Drafting Pool staff ( 2 persons)
• Train new employees in CAD software and Company systems
ADC Telecommunications (from 2007 to 2010)
• Create Parts and Drawings using CAD sources under direct supervision of Engineer
605 total views, 1 today