Location: Vancouver, WA
Applies subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
• Leads multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of industrial design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
• Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on industrial design and development.
• Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with industrial design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
• Provides domain-specific expertise and overall industrial design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
• Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the industrial design organization.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
• 4-6+ years of broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer product designs
• Evaluate and select 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages for product design across portfolio Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Broad understanding and experience in methodologies for design testing and validation, including sketches, models, storyboards, and prototyping.
• Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall industrial design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, mastery of English
• Ability to effectively communicate industrial design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent.
Candidates should include an updated resume (Word or PDF) AND a Portfolio link/design samples when applying
email: [email protected]